What is Spirituality to You?
For the definition of spirituality, there are many opinions on what spirituality is and is not. This website and the Inner Peace Movement International presents to you a practical and balanced approach to spiritual development. This approach comes from within you and is useful in your daily life.
You may already have a good feeling for this or you may be searching for an answer. Many people know they have their own answers. The exercise below will give you more of a feeling for your spirituality.
We give a definition next for spirituality. What’s most important for many, however, is having their own sense of what true spirituality is in their lives.
Definition of Spirituality:
My Spirit, the Real Me, Expressed In My Life
Practical Spirituality Exercise
- Have a paper and pen for this exercise and find a place that is relaxed and without distractions.
- Read these instructions over once and then do this exercise.
- Take some deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- Repeat this breathing a few times as you say this definition of spirituality to yourself a few times.
The Real Me Expressed in My Life.
- Close your eyes and say this definition again to yourself.
- Focus on this statement and see what comes to you. You may recall an experience related to this, or a word, phrase, pictures, or whatever pops into your conscious mind. Go with whatever comes.
- After a minute or two (the time that feels right for you), open your eyes and write down what came to mind.
- Evaluate what it means to you. What does it have to do with spirituality for you?
- If there was an experience that came to mind, do you see what that has to do with spirituality for you?
Recap the exercise
Ask yourself, What did you learn from this exercise or about spirituality overall? Whatever comes to you is fine, even if it may not make sense at first.
As you open up your spiritual communication, you will be learning more from your own insights and experiences. From major life events to small everyday involvements, you will discover more about yourself and the big picture of your spirituality.
You may know already or see how learning and growing is a key part of spirituality. That is what SpiritualGrowthKeys.com is about.
Spirituality – Practical Tools
Attend a free internet seminar and delve into this big picture of you, your four spiritual gifts of inner communication, inner guidance or angels*, and living your purpose.
* whatever you feel you connect with: Inner Guidance, God, Spirit, Guides, Angels
What is Spirituality? Find Out More