Over the years I’ve heard people say “follow my intuition” or “trust those feelings”. But, I was unsure about these flashes of insight and my feelings, and whether to follow them, or not.
Sometimes I followed those senses and it worked. Other times, however, I thought something was what I should do, but it didn’t turn out well. So, I had mixed results.
Getting Into Trouble
As a teenager I had too many experiences where I did what I thought I should do, but it didn’t work out. Once, after a heavy snowstorm I cleared the drive way of our home, which was fine. Then, I cleaned off my father’s car of snow too.
That might have been helpful, but unfortunately, I used the metal snow shovel and he had a fairly new car. Needless to say, my father was unhappy to see his car with scratches.
After experiences like these, I was unsure about doing what I thought, or I felt. It was not until later on in life, that I even knew how to connect with what I felt versus what I thought was best to do.
My Intuition: A Roller Coaster Ride
My life seemed to be an up-and-down ride with the wins and positive experiences, and I had many of these. But, these positive experiences were intermixed with a number of not-so-good choices that I made.
Learning and Growing
I realize now, these were an opportunity to learn, grow and experience. It is pointless to feel bad about these experiences. We tend to do the best with what we know at the time. But, did I need to continue on with a lot of the difficulties and trying situations once I knew better.
As you probably have seen, for some people it can be a hard life, while for others it is a smoother, more enjoyable journey. Were certain people experiencing better karma, or were they just lucky? Maybe they tended to follow an inner voice or feeling?
Following My Intuition
After graduating from school, I had a feeling to get way from busy New York where I had been raised. I went off to Hawaii even though many people said that it was great for vacation, but not really a place to live for long.
It turned out, however, that opportunity fit me well. It was what I needed at the time since Hawaii was a great place to relax, slow down and connect more within. Eventually, I took the time to find out what was really going on with my intuition.
Despite life going well for a time with my work, social life and lots of enjoyable things to do in the islands, I still had some big questions. I was not so sure about following what I felt was best to do, or not. There were still many of the not-so-great decisions along with the better ones.
Was there a way to know what was really best and follow my better inner senses? I began to search by my later 20’s and found the answers to how to tune in more to my true feelings and a clear, right-on source of insights.
I attended a talk at 29 years old that helped me realize what was really going on in this part of my life. It boiled down to tapping into my clear inner senses and intuition versus all the thoughts I had from the outer world.
I learned to tune my personal energy to connect with this clear source for insights and answers. Wow, what a difference!
I wondered why it had been such a mystery for so long, and why I was not told sooner? Why aren’t more people given the whole story about how to make their intuitive senses work for them, instead of having to have a difficult time, like I did?
I believe people tend to find this out when they are ready, like in my case. Maybe, too, there is a reason you happened to find this article.
Keys to Clear Intuition
When I started practicing some easy-to-do and fun techniques, I learned a few important points about how to make these inner inklings work for me and not be led astray.
One key is that there are different energies, or thoughts and feelings that we sense in our environment and from other people. Every day we can be affected by outer energy. We easily pick up different impressions, and positive and not-so-positive sensations, sometimes thinking they are our own.
Examples of Connecting with Others
Have you ever thought of someone and they called you on the phone? As they think about you, they can connect with you. You may have had different types of experiences too, or maybe you want to try some of this out and find out for yourself.
In my younger years, I did not realize that people are sensitive souls who connect easily with the energy in their environment and from others. But by my early 30’s, I learned to fine tune my energy and not be so influenced by these outer influences.
When I began to practice using my intuition properly, I learned to raise my energy and be connected with a clear source. When my energy is lower, I tended to attract confusion. But when my state of mind is higher I tapped into my clear inner being and inner guidance.
This was the most important key to it all. As I practiced tuning my personal energy, I received “right-on” and helpful insights instead of confusion.
What do I mean by a clear source? People can refer to this by many words such as inner guidance, guides, angels, messengers of God or other terms. It’s not so important what you call this as taking the time to tune in and use your right-on intuitive senses.
As you connect within to this wellspring of inspiration and insights, you know for yourself how this works for you. You also tend to know who, or what, you are tuning into. You have your own answers and are not overly dependent on others.
Your Intuitive Experiences
Many people have had their own experiences and learned much about what has worked and what has not worked when they followed their intuitive senses. They may be trusting and following their intuition. Others may not be sure, but may want to learn how.
If you have learned to connect with your right-on intuition, that is great. You may be fine where you are at, or you may have a feeling to go further in using this valuable resource. Tapping into our clear intuition is helpful in all kinds of ways including in going deeper in living our unique purpose.
If you want to learn more, we have listed eight keys below to having your intuition work for you in a positive way (and help others). We also have webinars and in-person programs with techniques to practice and experience using your own clear intuition.
After reviewing these keys, feel free to take a few moments to see how you can make this useful in your own life.
Eight Keys To Clear Intuition
- CLEAR SOURCE: The first key is connecting with a positive and clear source for your insights. What is a good way to know you are tuning into the right place? Goosebumps or “chills” on your body is a good indication that the information you are receiving is right on.
- SPIRITUAL CLEANSING. Various forms of spiritual cleansing will help keep your energy high so that you are attuned to your helpful and “right-on” intuition. We offer some excellent spiritual cleansing techniques in our workshops and will be demonstrating a couple of them in upcoming free webinars.
- CLARIFY FEELINGS AND INTELLECT: Our feelings are the deeper insights that come from our true soul nature. We also have an intellect that helps us organize our feelings. By using our intellectual nature, we can understand what we feel and make it useful in the outer world. But remember, clear insights start from our feelings.
- CLEAR MOTIVES! Higher and clearer motives come from understanding a bigger picture of our existence. When a person truly knows who they are and what they’re doing on planet earth, they tend to be motivated from their true soul being.
- RELAXATION! When I am relaxed, my intuitive senses flow. It’s that simple. Pressure and stress hinder intuition. If you become tensed or pressured, do you have ways to relieve the pressure?
- SELF-INITIATIVE! The more I put my best efforts forward, the easier it is for more right-on intuition to work for me. I cannot assume or just sit back and wait for life to happen. When I take initiative in the right timing, I receive plenty of backing. The old adage that “God helps those that help themselves” is true.
- BEING SPECIFIC! When seeking answers to your questions, vagueness doesn’t work for right-on intuition. I need to be specific with my inner and outer communication to receive clear hunches.
- PRACTICE! Right-on intuition takes practice! So, it is helpful to practice yourself and with others who are also focused on increasing their intuitive hunches and raising their energy to a higher level of consciousness.
Do any of these keys stand out to you? Whatever you have a feeling for may be helpful to unfold (or use more) in your life.
LEARN MORE about having clear intuition and related topics in the Inner Living E-News. See sign up box at the bottom of this page.