(Key#3: Discover Your True Self Series)
You may not consciously realize it, but the impact of your higher awareness reaches beyond your own obvious sphere of influence. We all influence each other. So, let’s delve into higher awareness, why it’s important, and 20 signs of raising your state of consciousness.
In undertaking some exercises included here, you can see where you are with your higher awareness and go further on your journey.
Awareness: Common to all Living Beings
Every living creature on this earth has some form of awareness. Even the one-celled amoeba will move toward a food source and away from danger in order to survive.
Modern science has been unable to explain clearly this responsiveness or awareness. We could call it a life force or intelligence. Regardless of the name, it is the life substance of every living creature.
From fish to amphibians to mammals, we observe more specialized physical structures, such as a nervous system, lungs and brain. These complicated organs and systems allow for a more developed sense of awareness.
The human species is often considered to be at the top of the food chain and the smartest. The highly developed intellect, however, may not correspond to a higher inner awareness.
Constructive Use of Our Awareness
We can go further into clarifying who we are and what we are here on earth to accomplish. If we decide to do so, we can move to higher awareness in a clearer and more positive sense.
The intellectual nature of humanity has brought us amazing inventions, longer lives and even the ability to go to the moon.
When we become more aware of our true inner being, and how to tap into this higher awareness, we can be more benevolent with ourselves and others. We can live from a bigger picture or who we really are as souls on planet earth and why we are here.
Expand Your Awareness Further
One of the best ways to expand your awareness is by unfolding your Inner Gifts of Communication (inner seeing, feeling, knowing and hearing). You can practice techniques to develop these four gifts of communication. Learn more about these four gifts starting with Inner Hearing or Clairaudience.
Greater Freedom for Ourselves
The higher our awareness the freer we are. This means we are closer to being the souls we truly are and living the life we came to experience. We can be clear on what it means to be a spiritual being and how to live in the spiritual and material worlds at the same time.
You have probably realized that you can tap into this life force or soul nature. This is your true intelligence. Can you think of the times you had great inspirations or your own solutions, beyond what the outer world taught.
This higher awareness allows for a deeper appreciation of our true selves and others and what we can learn, be and accomplish.
Cutting Through Mysteries and Myths
Through higher awareness we can delve into what has been called the mysteries of the universe and understand the broader purpose of humanity. We can clarify the role we each are here to play.
We also can become aware of the help we have from a higher source, our inner guidance or angels. They have gained a higher awareness in the areas that we are here to master. Our guides can help us live the life we are here for and increase our own awareness.
As we become more aware, we can live consistently in our own unique niche and enjoy our lives to a greater extent. We don’t have to do it by ourselves. We don’t have to endure all the trials and errors and the up and downs of the outside world.
Higher awareness: the Sky’s the Limit
The sky is the limit as you open yourself to ever greater awareness. Quite possibly, you have been moving down this road already if you are reading this blog or you are interested in these topics.
It often takes practice and new “ah-ha” understandings to unfold certain qualities of higher awareness. Expanding your awareness is the ultimate investment in yourself.
When you transition from Planet Earth and return to your true home it is your state of consciousness and what you have learned from your experiences that you take with you.
It helps to periodically take time out from the busy world to regroup yourself. These four key questions can help you raise your state of consciousness.
Twenty Signs of Higher Awareness
You can evaluate the following signs of higher awareness. See which ones you relate to and check them off. Also, which ones do you want to develop?
- Being physically relaxed and having a quiet mind. When you feel tense or have an overly active intellect, you take time to tune in and release the outer pressure.
- A deeper sense of who you are as a unique soul learning and growing on Planet Earth.
- An understanding and feeling of the bigger picture of your life.
- A willingness to deal with challenges when and where needed.
- Not over-reacting to the outside world and its troubles. Staying relaxed and calm even in a storm. If you feel pressures, you take time to get back to being yourself.
- Being whole-heartedly involved in life to reap the most from your journey.
- Minding your own business: knowing what’s your business and what is not.
- Being solution-oriented or knowing when to let go of certain situations.
- Awareness of the lessons you are learning, and using them as opportunities to grow.
- Learning from the past and planning for the future, but focusing mainly on the present.
- Appreciating your life, the people in it, and opportunities and involvements. You express this gratitude to yourself, others and the Universe, Spirit, God (or whatever words you use).
- Feeling love and a connection for yourself, other people and the world around you.
- Having a caring nature to help out when it’s best, but know when not to get involved in other people’s business or outer world events.
- Feeling fulfilled by clarifying and expressing your unique purpose.
- Patience with yourself and others, allowing for learning and growing.
- Being a person who evaluates and gets the facts as needed without judging.
- Having a sense of fun and humor, without making a joke out of life.
- Living a balance among the business, personal and social parts of your life. You are aware of when you are in business, social or personal. This balance helps you to do what’s needed, in the right timing and in the way that works well for you.
- You understand the energy of people and situations, starting with your own personal energy.
- Connecting with your inner guidance to fellowship and tap into their assistance.
Building on your Higher Awareness
Don’t feel you have to have these qualities already. They are opportunities to evaluate your journey. Bringing out qualities like these are a big part of what life on earth is all about.
Here’s an exercise to heighten your inner awareness and help you see where you want to achieve higher awareness. Choose to focus on a particular quality over the next seven days or longer (it’s up to you).
Tune into that quality daily. For example, if you chose #17: “Having a sense of fun and humor, without making a joke out of life”, you can make a list of what you would like to do to have more fun.
In the morning, recall the quality you picked and follow through on how you can unfold it. Take time to practice the quality and evaluate how you are doing with it during the day. Before sleep, review the day and see how the quality unfolded, what you are learning, what can you do differently and what you enjoyed most about it.
The fact that you are taking time to look into increasing your awareness is one quality that you have unfolded. It’s easy to be too involved in the material world and neglect the Real You and your unique purpose. Congratulate yourself on taking time to explore your journey of higher awareness.
Future SpiritualGrowthKeys.com Articles
Receive Free Blog Articles and information about raising Your Consciousness, the Real You, Your Angels, Living Your Purpose and related topics by entering your contact information at the bottom of this page.