The real you or spiritual being is your good, kind, loving and wise nature.
You experience your soul nature in many ways. When you are at ease, you may feel your inner goodness and other positive qualities, such as joy and peacefulness.
You may have more patience with others and the way your own life is unfolding. You may be more forgiving of other people and especially yourself.
Can you think of a time when you were feeling connected within? Maybe while taking time in nature?You may have quieted the outer thoughts and influences from the busy world. Maybe it was when you were having fun. You sensed the soul nature in others as you brought it out in yourself.
Being your self also means you are more connected with a bigger picture and feel greater contentment. You know that life is going to work out, even with the challenges. You know that you are a soul with a body and not a body with a soul.
Sensing The Energy Or Human Aura
When people are tuned into their inner being, they appear more relaxed. The same goes for you. You can often sense a calmness and peace when you connect within.
You may even see the glow of the aura or the energy from the soul nature. You can also feel this energy from your own soul nature or
When you tune into your spiritual being, you attract others who are also connecting within.
Like attracts like and you will be communicating
more deeply with other people as you unfold your inner communication from your soul nature.
You will also naturally be communicating with your inner guidance or angels.
Expressing Your True Spiritual Being
Infants have not yet developed their intellectual nature, which helps focus, interpret, organize and direct feelings. Yet, babies are able to communicate their excitement, pleasure, pain and other sensations and awareness.
Babies share their feelings by sounds, facial expressions and actions. Before long the they learn to crawl, speak, play and share in the organized ways of the world.
If these souls grow up in nurturing, positive and loving environments, they tend to remain connected to their inner being and share more from true selves with their words and actions.
They can learn to fit in and do what’s needed in their outer world while remaining in tune with their soul being. They find ways to express their true loving nature, their desires and dreams in many ways in their lives.
Being the Real You – More or Less
Children are influenced by both the positive and not-so-helpful thoughts and habits from their early environment, especially from parents or whoever raised them.
Studies in childhood development speak to the degree that children are influenced by their early environment or how much their personality and behaviors are based on their own inner nature. In addition to our environmental influences, souls also incarnate with their own innate qualities.
We can learn to free ourselves from early programming that holds us back and build on those innate qualities that live within the the real us—good, kind, loving part. The more we understand and connect with our true soul nature, the more we know and can build upon our qualities, talents and wisdom.
This website and its programs provide keys about your spiritual being from birth to death and beyond.
Spiritual Helpers, Guides, Angels
You also have help to fulfill your purpose here on earth. This is your inner guidance, angels, or they are called by other names. This help is discussed on other pages of this website and in e-news articles (see above to sign up for the Inner Living e-news).
Young children absorb concepts that can limit them from being and expressing their true inner nature. This is because they have not yet developed their intellectual nature to act as a filter.
They may not know enough yet to say “no”, this is bull or when to avoid a situation or certain people. The result can be living a life learned from their outer world rather than living as their good, kind, loving souls they are.
You experience your true self when you go beyond limited thinking and attitudes that you may have picked up along the way. Sometimes, these thoughts may be subconscious.
A key part of spiritual maturity is knowing and living from your own thoughts and feelings rather than the influence of the outside world.
Being a Soul with a Body, Not a Body with a Soul
Your Good, Compassionate, Wise Being
This exercise can give you a deeper feeling for your spiritual beingness. Have a paper and pen ready and find a relaxed location, free of distractions.
Read these instructions first.
- Take in some deep breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- From the top of your head down, relax your head, face and jaw.
- Shrug your shoulders to make a conscious effort to relax your neck and shoulders.
- Repeat these deep breathes a few times as you relax further down your body: chest, stomach, back, hips and upper legs, calves and feet.
- Say this statement quietly to yourself:
“I am a Soul with a Body, not a Body with a Soul.”
- Repeat the above statement to yourself a few more times as you relax further with more deep breaths.
- See what comes to you. You may just feel more peaceful. Or, you may recall a related experience, or a word, phrase, pictures, or whatever pops into your conscious mind. Go with whatever comes.
- After a minute or two, or in the time that feels right for you, open your eyes and write down what came to mind.
- Evaluate what it means. What does it have to do with you? Was there an experience that came to mind?
- Regroup the exercise. Ask yourself: “What did I learn from this exercise or about myself as a spiritual being?” If nothing particular comes at this time, it may be just a matter of learning to relax and tuning in more often.
- In any event, congratulate yourself on taking time to tune in more to the real you.
As you open up your spiritual communication, you will
- Have a deeper sense of you as a spiritual being with a body
- Clarify the bigger picture of your life
- Avoid many pitfalls of life on planet earth
- Be more aware of learning and growing as a soul
- Enjoy your time on planet earth
- Expand your state of awareness
- Return to your true home with increased awareness when you leave the physical world.
Spirituality and Practical Tools
Attend courses or informative Facebook Live Sessions. Delve into your spiritual being and other spirituality keys. Also receive a complimentary newsletter with tips and articles on the Real You and Spiritual Growth Keys.
Find out more: Go to What is a Soul from this page
Find out more: Raise Your Vibration: Here’s 7 Keys to Raise Your Vibe
Find out more: Go to Spiritual Well Being from this page
Return to Spiritual Growth from Spiritual Being